Thursday, October 21, 2010

In the mirror.

In August the kids and I went to Disney World with my sister and her family. It was a wonderful and special trip.  We even got Abby turned into a princess. (well she was already a princess this just made her look the part more)  At Cinderella's castle she got a princess makeover.  I was so excited and so was Abby.  She was so proud after it was all done walking around the Magic Kingdom being dress up like a princess. (its really a great thing) 

There was one moment that bothered me.  Its that one little moment when Abby first sees herself in the mirror.  When they turned her. i expected this big huge smile when she first sees herself.  When they did turn her aground instead we got this serious look on her face.  I was crushed. 



Now I know she couldn't see herself in the mirror. I should have known something was wrong then. Instead I just excused it as her being overwhelmed because it was so much. I just may never get that image of her out of my head. 

She did love the experience. They showed her a close up view with a mirror she perked right up.  She was so proud.  

My favorite picture of the day is this one. She is rocking it.
 

2 comments:

Tricia said...

I remember that day! But, when she did she ... she loved it!

Grayson said...

That was a great trip!!! I'm so glad we got to spend it together!