Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A full basket.

I realized Its been since Septembers since I made an entry.   I honestly  have sat down and write half a blog about 20 times since then.  I am going to really try and keep posting at least once a week.

The issue isn't that I have nothing to write about. The issue is I have too much to write about.

Since September I have taking part of this amazing program call NH Leadership.   Its a 7 session series from September to April to provide information and build leaders in the disability community.

I plan to write about a lot of the topics but wanted to share a few things.

1.  Our society still has so much work to do to not only accept people with disabilities but to see them as full members of society.

2. Any child with the given proper supports can be fully included in the regular classroom.

3. Mainstreaming and Inclusion are siblings they are not the same thing.

4.  You don't speak up how can you expect someone else will.

5. Every child deserves high expectations.
A girl with dark hair wearing a wolf long sleeve shirt and holding a white cane smiles
Its not Abby's disability that hold her back its how society views her disability that's the problem. 

No comments: