Friday, February 17, 2012

Adventures In Reading: Brave Norman

Abby has been reading a book a week for her reading for homework.  This week she read "Pets to the Rescue: Brave Norman" . Abby loves stories about animals so I ordered it when I was doing a Seedlings order. Its a great story.  Its a beginning reader so it was perfect for Abby. The story line was great and I really recommend the story to everyone.  Its a TRUE story about a dog named Norman that goes blind.  Norman saves a girl who is drowning.

Abby loves adventures.
Abby loved hearing Norman's story. She related to Norman a little too.  She is really seeing how reading can be fun.

-----------
Brave Norman at Seedling in contracted braille http://seedlings.org/details.php?id=608&cat=0&search=brave%20norman

Print version of Brave Norman at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Brave-Norman-Story-Andrew-Clements/dp/0689834381/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_t_2


2 comments:

Jessica Kovacs said...

She has really come a long way. I'm so happy to hear she is enjoying reading now. I love a great braille success story:)

Unknown said...

Dear Abby, I am in third grade and I use sign language. My assistant read the book "Brave Norman" to me, and I loved it. I'm glad you are learning to read. I am learning to read, too! I have a wonderful dog at home named Ruby. Nice to meet you!